Having good mental health is important for everyone, especially during the current COVID-19 crisis.
So, what is mental health?
This is the definition of mental health given by the World Health Organization:
As someone who is in recovery from severe depression, burnout, and anxiety, it is very much on my heart to use this platform to raise awareness of the importance of achieving and maintaining good mental health.
10 quick tips on how you can look after your mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic
To help you look after your mental health, especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have created a video with 10 tips:
You can read our full article to this video here.
Where to get help and advice on mental health issues
If you are experiencing mental health issues and need advice, the following websites can help you:
Mental Health Foundation: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/your-mental-health
Mental Health America: https://www.mhanational.org/get-involved/contact-us
Mental Health Africa – Strong Minds: https://strongminds.org/the-need/
WHO South-East Asia: https://www.who.int/southeastasia
Mental Health Europe: https://www.mhe-sme.org/
Mental Health Australia: https://mhaustralia.org/
If you would like to read some encouraging articles on how to improve your mental health, we recommend the following articles:
1. https://mentalhealthgracealliance.org, “4 Ways to Understand the Mind of Christ in Depression or Anxiety”, Joe Padilla.
2 .thegospelcoalition.org, “4 Encouraging Truths for Christians with Mental Illness”, Lieryn Barnett.
3. crosswalk.com, “5 Vital Truths to Remember When You Are Suffering”, Cortni Marrazzo.
4. medium.com, “Why Did God Give Me a Mental Illness?”, Teresa Colón.
5. https://journeyonline.org, “Facing an unexpected illness: Pray for help and let God heal your soul”
6. crosswalk.com, “5 Ways to Enjoy the Life-Giving Power of Gratitude”, Amanda Idleman.
Lastly, we at Jacob’s Ladder will stand with you in prayer for your recovery from mental health problems. Just send us your prayer request with the heading “Mental Health Prayer Request” and we will pray for you.
Stay safe, blessed, and healthy!
Co-Founder of Jacob’s Ladder Blog